Damodar Kunda Trek with Upper Mustang can be trekked combing extra days of length extension. Damodar Kund is a holy pilgrimage site for Hindus and Buddhists religious groups and it is the most sacred place of festival “Full Moon August”. Damodar Kunda Trek is considering as total exploration visit in the Trans high plan land beyond the entire Himalayas of world. In ancient days this sacred land is mainly visited by the holy sages and saints to fulfill their meditation purpose and pay attention to Lord Shiva. The entire trekking package is proposed first visiting wonderful site of upper Mustang region then the trail diverts following Damodar Kunda. In Upper Mustang you will be visiting Nepal’s cultural hidden tiny Kingdom first to experience unique tradition of Himalayas.
Duration: 20 Days package
Activities: Camping Trekking Package/Lodge/horse back
Maximum altitude: 4890m
Best season: Sep-Oct-Nov/ Apr-May –June –July -Aug
Trip starts/Ends: In Kathmandu (Capital of Nepal)
Accommodations: Eco Camping organized inclusive breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Transport: Necessary as per package you have required depends on group size – car /van/bus/flight/ to and from starting and ending point and drive or flight from gateway town
Damodar Kunda Trek with Upper Mustang Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu/ Nepal/ transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Fly to Pokhara O/n at Hotel (35 min).
Day 03: Fly to Jomsom/drive to Kagbeni and O/n at local lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Chele 3200m – 5:30 hrs and O/n at tented camp.
Day 05: Trek to Gelling - 3500m – 5 hrs and O/n at tented camp.
Day 06: Trek to Tsarang 3650m. Or Drakmar 5 to 6 hrs and O/n at tented camp.
Day 07: Trek to Lo Manthang 3800m. – 5 to 6 hrs and O/n at tented camp.
Day 08: Explore around Lo Manthang – Tingkar/Namgyal Gompa.
Day 09: Explore Around Lo Manthang Chhosar area.
Day 10: Trek to Dri/Yara – 6 hrs and O/n at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek to Bas Khola – 5 to 6 hrs and O/n at tented camp.
Day 13: Trek to Damodar Kund (Lake) 4890m – 5 to 6 hrs and O/n at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek to Ghechung Khola – 5 to 6 hrs and O/n at tented camp.
Day 15: Trek to Tange - 5 hrs and O/n at tented camp.
Day 16: Trek to Tetang - 5.5 hrs and O/n at tented camp.
Day 17: Trek to Muktinath 3800m. - 6 hrs and O/n at local lodge.
Day 18: Drive to Jomsom.-via Jharkot 2 hours approx.O/N Hotel or camping.
Day 19: Fly Pokhara and after continue flight connection to Kathmandy & O/N Hotel.
Day 20: Final departure of or onward destination.
Cost: Please contact us.
Minimum Group size: 4
Season: Sep-Oct-Nov/ Apr-May –June –July –Aug
Departure date: as per your convenience.
- Completely camping trekking with full board i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and camping equipments and Kitchen equipments
- Mattress, Toilet tent, shower, Dinning tent, dinning tables, chairs etc.
- All entrance fees
- All necessary transportations
- Airport pick up/drops on private vehicles
- First aid kits
- All government taxes and official charges.
- Airfare: Pokhara – Jomsom, Jomsom – Pokhara & Pokhara – Kathmandu
- Kathmandu valley Guided city tour
- 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 1 night hotel in Pokhara with breakfast
- Guide, Assistant Guide, Cook, assistant cook and Porters
- Accidental and medical Insurance of Nepalese staffs
- Road transport/ one way flight as well.
- Personal equipment such as sleeping bags/ jackets (if you do not have we can arrange within US $1.00/day for two items).
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Rescue/ emergence and insurance cost
- Beverage and hard drinks and alcohol
- Nepal entry visa fee and airport tax during the departure.
- Personal equipments and personal expenses.
- Tips (usually people can keep US $2/day in total for tips and donation which is good amount)
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides etc the extra charge should be born by themselves.
Note: If you would like to hire horse for the trip will cost you US $ 15-20 per day per person.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.