Mera Peak / Mingbola Pass
It is one of the most challenging remote area trekking in the Everest region. The region of the trek is connected with the most remote and non trekkers route of the Hinku Valley and Imja Khola valley. The entire trekking trail requires some technical skills to cross the pass and perfect physical fitness. Along the trek you will cross one of the technical Mingbo La Pass to enter into Khumbu valley. Before the pass the trail follows first towards the Mera Peak region and you will climb up the highest one trekking peak then continue trek onward of Khumbu valley. In Khumbu Valley you will explore Everest Base Camp and summit Kalapatthar top for the close up views of Mt Everest and other stunning peaks of around.
After visiting Everest Base Camp you will continue your journey up to Lukla again to end the trek. In overall this trek allows you to explore off the bitten track of hidden high Himalayan treasure, unique Sherpa culture and their typical life style.
Duration: Mera Peak / Mingbola Pass- 24 Days
Activities: Mera Peak Climbing, Trekking- Explore Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar
Maximum altitude: 5817m-Mingbo La, 5545m Kalapatthar, 5310m Everest Base Camp
Best season: March/ Apr/ May/ Sep/ Oct/ Nov/Dec
Trip starts/Ends: In Kathmandu (Capital of Nepal)
Accommodation: Tented camp until cross the pass and after pass in regular trail Eco Teahouse lodge room managed by local community inclusive breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Transport: Necessary as per package you have required depends on group size – car /van/bus/flight/ to and from starting and ending point and drive or flight from gateway town
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer at Hotel and welcome Dinner.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu visit-major highlighted spots.
Day 03: By Plane: Kathmandu to Lukla. Trek to to Chhutenga (3h-3200m) and overnight camp.
Day 04: Chhutenga to Chatra la (4580m, 5hrs) and overnight camp.
Day 05: Chatra-la to Khode (3614m, 5hrs) and overnight camp.
Day 06: Khode to Thagnak (4300m, 5hrs) and overnight camp.
Day 07: Thagnak to Khare (5000m, 5hrs) and overnight camp.
Day 08: Acclimatization- and overnight camp.
Day 09: Khare to Mera High camp (5750m) and overnight camp.
Day 10: Summit Mera peak (6461m) and overnight camp.
Day 11: Mera Base camp to Kongmading and overnight camp.
Day 12: Kongmading to Chamlang base camp and overnight camp.
Day 13: Chamlang base camp to Panch Pokhari and overnight camp.
Day 14: Panch Pokhari to Mingbo phedi via Mingbola Pass and overnight camp.
Day 15: Mingbo phedi to Dingboche and overnight camp (Lodge).
Day 16: Dingbuche to Lobuche and overnight camp (Lodge).
Day 17: Lobuche visit Kalapatthar back to Lobuche and overnight camp (Lodge).
Day 18: Lobuche to Chhukung and overnight camp (Lodge).
Day 19: Chhukung to Tenggboche and overnight camp (Lodge).
Day 20: Tengboche to Namche and overnight camp (Lodge).
Day 21: Namche to Lukla and overnight camp (Lodge).
Day 22: By Plane: Lukla to Kathmandu.
Day 23: Free day in kathmandu for shopping and other activities.
Day 24: Transfer to airport for the depar.
Cost: Please contact us.
Minimum Group size: 2
Season: all year (on a bad weather flight does not goes)
Departure date: as per your convenience.
- Completely camping trekking with full board i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and camping equipments and Kitchen equipments.
- Mattress, Toilet tent, Dinning tent, dinning tables, chairs etc.
- All entrance fees.
- All necessary transportations.
- Airport pick up/drops on private vehicles.
- First aid kits.
- All government taxes and official charges.
- Kathmandu valley Guided city tour.
- Airfare: Kathmandu – Lukla & Lukla – Kathmandu.
- 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Guide, Assistant Guide, Cook, assistant cook and Porters.
- Accidental and medical Insurance of Nepalese staffs.
- Road transport/ one way flight as well.
- Personal equipment such as sleeping bags/ jackets (if you do not have we can arrange within US $1.00/day for two items).
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Rescue/ emergence and insurance cost.
- Beverage and hard drinks and alcohol.
- Nepal entry visa fee and airport tax during the departure.
- Personal equipments and personal expenses.
- Tips (usually people can keep US $2/day in total for tips and donation which is good amount).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides etc the extra charge should be born by themselves.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.