Rolwaling Trek/ Pachermo Peak/Lukla
Rolwaling Trek is very famous for their many hairpin bends and stunning views of mid-eastern range of the Himalaya including Gauri Shankar, Dorje Lhakpa, Tashi Laptsa, . Rowaling is located west of Everest and a few miles south of the Tibetan frontier and is known to be one of the seven hidden valleys in the Himalaya. The Rolwaling literally known as: The Furrow“in the Sherpa language has always held a mysterious fascination. It is a wild and a little known valley and tales of the legendary yeti, or abominable snowman, have poured from the mouths of the handful of Sherpas who live there. It is on the slopes of the peaks of the Rolwaling that famous British Mountaineer Eric Shipton first photographed a yeti track in 1951. Years later the area was also the sight for Sir Edmund Hillary's famous expedition whose purpose was to search for elusive Yeti. Unfortunately he found nothing but the legend of the Yeti continues to this day.
Duration: 21-24 Days
Activities: Camping Trekking Package
Maximum altitude: Pachermo Peak 6200m – Tashi Laptsa Pass (5440m)
Best season: Sep-Oct-Nov/ Apr-May
Trip starts/Ends: In Kathmandu (Capital of Nepal)
Accommodations: Eco Camping organized inclusive breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Transport: Necessary as per package you have required depends on group size – car /van/bus/flight/ to and from starting and ending point and drive or flight from gateway town
Rolwaling Trek Itinerary Outline:
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu. Transfer to Hotel and Welcome Dinner.
Day 02: Full day Kathmandu valley Guided tour.
Day 03: By Bus: Kathmandu – Dolakha (6h-1900m).
Day 04: Dolakha – Siguti (6h-1020m).
Day 05: Siguti – Jagat (5 ½ h -1800m).
Day 06: Jagat – Simigaon (5h-2100m).
Day 07: Simigaon – Kelthang Karka (6h-3700m).
Day 08: Khelthan Karka – Chugebu Kharka (6h-3600m).
Day 09: Chugebu Karka – Na (4h-4080m).
Day 10: Acclimatization
Day 11: Na – Tso Rolpa (3h-4360m).
Day 12: Tso Rolpa – Pachermo Base Camp (5h-4800m).
Day 13: Pachermo Base Camp – Pachermo High Camp (5h-5700m).
Day 14: Expedition Pachermo Peak 6200m – Tashi Laptsa Pass – Tashi Lapsa Phedi (6h-5440m).
Day 15: Tashi Laptsa Phedi – Thame (6h-4000m).
Day 16: Thame – Khumjung (3h-3600m).
Day 17: Khumjung – Phakding (5h-2700m).
Day 18: Phakding – Lukla (3h-2800m).
Day 19: By Plane: Lukla – Kathmandu.
Day 20: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping and other activities.
Day 21: Transfer to airport for departure.
Rolwaling Trek – 24 Days
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Full day Kathmandu valley Guided tour.
Day 03: By Bus: Kathmandu to Dolakha.
Day 04: Dolkha to Siguti.
Day 05: Siguti to Jagat.
Day 06: Jagat to Simigaon.
Day 07: Simigaon to Dongkang.
Day 08: Dongkang to Beding.
Day 09: Acclimatization
Day 10: Beding to Na
Day 11: Rest day
Day 12: Na to Rumdung Base Camp.
Day 13: Hike to Yalung-Ri.
Day 14: Rumdung to Na.
Day 15: Na to Syakpa Khaka.
Day 16: Syakpa Khaka to Simigoan.
Day 17: Simigoan to Gonggur Khola half day hike.
Day 18: Gonggur Khola to Warang.
Day 19: Warang to Laduk half day hike.
Day 20: Siguti to Ratomato.
Day 21: Ratomato to Dolakha.
Day 22: By Bus: Dolakha to Kathmandu.
Day 23: Free day in Kathmandu for shopping and other activities.
Day 24: Transfer to airport for departure.
Cost: Please contact us.
Minimum Group size: 4
Season: March - November
Departure date: as per your convenience.
- Completely camping trekking with full board i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and camping equipments and Kitchen equipments
- Mattress, Toilet tent, shower, Dinning tent, dinning tables, chairs etc.
- All entrance fees
- All necessary transportations
- Airport pick up/drops on private vehicles
- First aid kits
- All government taxes and official charges.
- Kathmandu valley Guided city tour
- Airfare: Lukla – Kathmandu
- 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Guide, Assistant Guide, Cook, assistant cook and Porters
- Accidental and medical Insurance of Nepalese staffs
- Road transport/ one way flight as well.
- Personal equipment such as sleeping bags/ jackets (if you do not have we can arrange within US $1.00/day for two items).
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu
- Rescue/ emergence and insurance cost
- Beverage and hard drinks and alcohol
- Nepal entry visa fee and airport tax during the departure.
- Personal equipments and personal expenses.
- Tips (usually people can keep US $2/day in total for tips and donation which is good amount)
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides etc the extra charge should be born by themselves.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.