Tilicho Lake and Mesokonto pass Trek
Tilicho Lake is one of the highest lakes in the world. It is 4,949 m high in the Annapurna range of the Himalayas in Nepal. Another source lists Lake Tilicho as being 4,919 meters high (16,138 feet). It was for long almost totally closed save for a few climbers and expeditions, and since 1974, when Nixon changed the China policy, part of the area above Thini on the Jomosom side became a totally off-limits military area. From the Manang side it was rarely if ever visited. It’s one of none tourist Trekking area of Nepal, which is normal to hard trekking with different passes. It lays also Annapurna region. But it is very exciting and the challenging Trekking. One can pass the Mesokanta La via Tilicho. So for it, it’s called “Annapurna Hard way trekking”. One can see the nice scenery of Annapurna region, and the Tilicho Lake view, which is the situated highest Elevations Lake in the world. Not only that. You can see the other popular Mountain scenery in this area.
Private city guided tour in Kathmandu – Explore Annapurna’s longest trail, encounter different varied cultural regions in front of Himalayas to beyond - Spectacular views of the snow capped Himalayas- High mountain pass Mesokenta La (5100m), Explore world’s second highest Lake Tiliccho (5020m), ancient monasteries, fortresses and culture of time immortal- the high plateau Trans Himalayan and more…
Duration: 21 days whole package
Activities: Camping Trekking ( Now possible for lodge stay trek)
Maximum altitude: Mesokenta La (5100m)
Best season: March/ Apr/ May/ June/July/August/ Sep/ Oct/ Nov/Dec
Trip starts/Ends: In Kathmandu (Capital of Nepal)
Accommodations: Eco Teahouse lodge room managed by local community inclusive breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Transport: Necessary as per package you have required depends on group size – car /van/bus/flight/ to and from starting and ending point and drive or flight from gateway town
Tilicho Lake Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel and welcome Dinner.
Day 02: Full day Kathmandu valley Guided Tour.
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu via Besishahar (6h-850m) to Syage.
Day 04: Syange – Tal village (6h-1314m) and O/n at tented camp.
Day 05: Tal Village – Timang (6h-1943m) and O/n at tented camp.
Day 06: Timang – Chame (5h30-2713m) and O/n at tented camp.
Day 07: Chame – Pisang (6h-3185m) and O/n at tented camp.
Day 08: Pisang –Ngawal (3780m) – Manang (7h-3340m) and O/n at tented camp.
Day 09: Acclimatization, esplore around and O/n at tented camp.
Day 10: Manang – Khansar (4h-3750m) and O/n at tented camp.
Day 11: Khansar – Tilicho Phedi (6h-4500m) and O/n at tented camp.
Day 12: Tilicho Phedi – Tilicho Lake (3h-5020m) and O/n at tented camp.
Day 13: Tilicho Lake – Mesokenta Pass (5100m) – Yak Kharka (6h-4200m) and O/n at tented camp.
Day 14: Yak Kharka – Marpha (5h-2667m) and O/n at tented camp.
Day 15: Marpha – Lete Khola.(6h-2200m) and O/n at tented camp.
Day 16: Lete Khola – Tatopani (6h-1190m) and O/n at tented camp.
Day 17: Tatopani – Ghorepani (7h-2850m) and O/n at tented camp.
Day 18: Ghorepani – Ghandrung (6h-1950m) and O/n at tented camp.
Day 19: Ghandrung – Pothana (6h-1750m) and O/n at tented camp.
Day 20: Pothana – Phedi. Drive to Pokhara and transfer at hotel.(3h)
Day 21: By Plane/Bus: Pokhara – Kathmandu.
Day 22: Free day for shopping and other activities.
Day 23: Final departure from Nepal or join for onward destination.
Cost: Please contact us.
Minimum Group size: 2
Season: All around the year
Departure date: as per your convenience.
- Completely camping trekking with full board i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Twin sharing tented accommodation and camping equipments and Kitchen equipments.
- Mattress, Toilet tent, shower, Dinning tent, dinning tables, chairs etc.
- All entrance fees.
- All necessary transportations.
- Airport pick up/drops on private vehicles.
- First aid kits.
- All government taxes and official charges.
- Kathmandu valley Guided city tour.
- 2 nights hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- 2 night hotel in Pokhara with breakfast.
- Guide, Assistant Guide, Cook, assistant cook and Porters.
- Accidental and medical Insurance of Nepalese staffs.
- Road transport/ one way flight as well.
- Personal equipment such as sleeping bags/ jackets (if you do not have we can arrange within US $ 1-2/day for two items).
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Rescue/ emergence and insurance cost
- Beverage and hard drinks and alcohol
- Nepal entry visa fee and airport tax during the departure.
- Personal equipments and personal expenses.
- Tips (usually people can keep US $2/day in total for tips and donation which is good amount).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides etc the extra charge should be born by themselves.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.