Ama Dablam Expedition is great challenging among hobby climbers and it is one of the most beautiful mountains in the world and it is considered an ornament of the Himalayas. Although the height is only 6812m, it is considered one of the technically difficult expeditions in Nepal. The climbers need to have good skills on rock and ice climbing and technically competent. On most parts of the routes there will be fixed rope, however, the climbers should posses skills to climb through steep rock and hard water ice. Normally, three camps are set in climbing Ama Dablam above the base camp (4,570m), however, only two camps are used to spend the nights. The normal route for climbing is South-West Ridge. The ascent from Base Camp to camp I is considered one the difficult days of the expedition.
Ama Dablam Expedition Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu. Transfer to your hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu. Briefing, and shopping.
Day 03: Kathmandu. Last minute preparation.
Day 04: Transfer to the airport, fly to Lukla, 2800m and trek to Phakding, 2640m.
Day 05: Trek to Namche Bazaar, 3446m.
Day 06: Trek to Khumjung, 3790m.
Day 07: Trek to Tengboche Monastery, 3860m.
Day 08: Trek to Mt. Ama Dablam Base Camp, 4600m,
Day 09/22: Mt. Ama Dablam Climbing Period.
Day 23: Cleaning up Base Camp.
Day 24: Base Camp to Khumjung.
Day 25: Trek to Phakding.
Day 26: Trek to Lukla.
Day 27: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel.
Day 28: Free day at Kathmandu.
Day 29: Transfer to the airport and departure from Kathmandu.
Duration: 29 days
Climbing Type: Expedition
Trekking Type: Lodge/Camping Organize
Trekking Grade: ****
Peak Height: 6812m
Best Season: September - October, April – May
Cost US: Contact Us.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu at a tourist class hotel on bed & breakfast plan as per itinerary.
- Transport as per itinerary for members, staff and Liaison Officer.
- Transportation of all food and climbing equipments to base camp and back.
- Full board during the trekking.
- All kitchen equipments; kitchen tent, dining tent, toilet tent, shower tent, chairs and tables at the base camp.
- Cook and kitchen boys at the base camp.
- Base camp tents for members and staff.
- Equipment allowance, wages and insurance for base camp staff and Liaison Officer.
- National Park Conservation Fee.
- Visa extension.
- Local transport in Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- Helicopter rescue insurance for Nepalese staff.
- Agency service charge.
The Service excludes:
- Airfare from / to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee. (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hotel after 6 days stay in Kathmandu.
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone and Email, etc.
- International airport departure tax, tourist tax.
- Tips and bonuses.
- Garbage fee. (refundable)
Please click on small photo to have larger view.