Pumori is one of the easier excess and challenging 7000m peaks in Nepal. It is attached with Kalapatthar ridge and cut by glacier portion just bellow. Along the Kalapather climb up Mt Pumori is most stunning and looks one of the most closal one. To climb up this peak can be organized lodge stay trekking/ expedition logistic supplies to the base camp. It offers a moderately technical route. It is getting more popular for climbers to get sharpen their technical skills to get one or two camps are established above Advance Base Camp. This is ideal preparation for those wishing to tackle Everest or one of the more technical 8000m peaks.
Pumori Expedition Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu- Prepare Expedition.
Day 03: Briefing expedition in Ministry of tourism.
Day 04: Flight to Lukla & trek to Phakding.
Day 05: Phakding to Namche.
Day 06: Namche rest for acclimatization.
Day 07: Namche - Thyanboche.
Day 08: Thyangboche - Pheriche.
Day 09: Pheriche - Lobuche lodge.
Day 10: Lobuche - Pumori Base Camp.
Day 11/29: Climbing Period for Pumori 7161m.
Day 30: Pumori BC - Pangboche.
Day 31: Pangboche - Namche.
Day 32: Namche - Lukla.
Day 33: Fly Lukla - Kathmandu & transfer hotel.
Day 34: Kathmandu
Day 35: final departures.
Duration: 35 days
Region: Everest /Khumbu
Climbing Type: Expedition
Trekking Type: Lodge/Camping Organize
Trekking Grade: ****
Peak Height: 7161m
Best Season: September - October, April – May
Cost US: Contact Us.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu at a tourist class hotel on bed & breakfast plan as per itinerary.
- Transport as per itinerary for members, staff and Liaison Officer.
- Transportation of all food and climbing equipments to base camp and back.
- Full board during the trekking.
- All kitchen equipments; kitchen tent, dining tent, toilet tent, shower tent, chairs and tables at the base camp.
- Cook and kitchen boys at the base camp.
- Base camp tents for members and staff.
- Equipment allowance, wages and insurance for base camp staff and Liaison Officer.
- National Park Conservation Fee.
- Visa extension.
- Local transport in Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- Helicopter rescue insurance for Nepalese staff.
- Agency service charge.
The Service excludes
- Airfare from / to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee. (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hotel after 6 days stay in Kathmandu.
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone and Email, etc.
- International airport departure tax, tourist tax.
- Tips and bonuses.
- Garbage fee. (refundable)
Please click on small photo to have larger view.