Everest South Col Everest, Mount, peak, 29,028 ft (8,848 m) high, on the border of Nepal and Tibet, in the central Himalayas lies in Nepal. It is the highest elevation in the world, called Sagarmatha ("Goddess of the Sky") in Nepal and Chomolungma ("Goddess Mother of the World") in Tibet. It is named in English and received its official name in 1865 in honor of Sir George Everest, the British Surveyor General (1790–1866, British surveyor, b. Breconshire, Wales, UK) Worked on the trigonometrically survey in India from 1806 to 1843 who had mapped the Indian subcontinent.
He had some reservations about having his name bestowed on the peak, arguing that the mountain should retain its local appellation, the standard policy of geographical societies. He became superintendent of the survey in 1823 and surveyor general of India in 1830. He was knighted in 1861. It was first climbed on May 29, 1953, when Sir Edmund Hillary from New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay from Nepal reached the summit.
Everest South Col Expedition Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu, transfer to hotel on B/B.
Day 02: Kathmandu free day.
Day 03: Kathmandu - Final Preparation for the expedition.
Day 04: Flight: Kathmandu-Lukla, and trek to Phakding.
Day 05: Namche Bazar and overnight at lodge.
Day 06: Rest Day at Namche and overnight at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Tengboche and overnight at lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Dinbboche and overnight at lodge.
Day 09: Trek to Lobuche and overnight at lodge.
Day10: Trek to Everest base camp O/n tented camp.
Day 11/52: Climbing period of Everest.
Day 53: Everest base camp to Lobuche and overnight at lodge.
Day 54: Trek to Tengboche and overnight at lodge.
Day 55: Trek to Khumjung and overnight at lodge.
Day 56: Trek to Manju and overnight at lodge.
Day 57: Trek to Lukla and overnight at lodge.
Day 58: Flight Lukla to Kathmandu.
Day 59: Rest day in Kathmandu.
Day 60: Departure.
For price please contact us at: email@example.com
Duration: 60 days
Region: Everest /Khumbu
Climbing Type: Mt Everest Expedition
Trekking Type: Lodge/Camping Organize
Trekking Grade: ****
Peak Height: 8848m
Best Season: September - October, April – May
Cost US: Contact Us.
The Service includes:
- Peak permit fee.
- humbu Ice Fall route fee. The ice fall route will be fixed by another team and Eco Trek will pay money in order to use the route which will be maintained by their Sherpa staff trough out the expedition.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu at a tourist class hotel on bed & breakfast plan for a maximum of 6 nights, before or after the expedition.
- Airfare Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu for member, staffs and Liaison Officer.
- Transport as per itinerary for members, staff and Liaison Officer.
- Transportation of all food and climbing equipments to base camp and back.
- Full board during the trekking, base camp and high camps.
- All kitchen equipments; kitchen tent, dining tent, toilet tent, shower tent, chairs and tables at the base camp.
- Generator or Solar panel at base camp for power supply.
- Gamow bag at the base camp. For use only and sharing.
- Cook and kitchen boys at the base camp.
- Base camp tents for members and staff.
- Sleeping tents at high camps for members and Sherpas. (North Face) One high altitude Sherpa to carry all food, materials to higher camps. Also to help the member during climbing and summit attempt.
- Common climbing equipments, such as fixed ropes, main ropes, snow bars, ice screws, pitons, etc.
- Five bottles of oxygen (3 Liter) per member, mask and regulator, for use only. (Poisk Oxygen System)
- Three bottles of oxygen per high altitude Sherpa with mask and regulator, for use only.
- Equipment allowance, wages and insurance for base camp staff, Sherpas and Liaison Officer.
- Custom duties, import license fee for expedition goods.
- Sagarmatha National Park entrance fee.
- Visa extension.
- Local transport in Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- Helicopter rescue insurance for Nepalese staff only
- Agency service charge.
- Garbage deposit fee.
The Service excludes:
- Airfare from / to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee. (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Hotel after 6 night stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear above base camp.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- International airport departure tax, tourist tax.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone and Email, etc.
- Tips and bonuses.
- Garbage fee. (refundable)
- EXTRA: Climbing and Summit bonus for Sherpa. The bonus is fixed as per climbing / working performance of each Sherpa.
Please click on small photo to have larger view.